- Chinese Title: 大喜事
- Genre: Romance, comedy
- Duration: 103 minutes
- Budget: $1.5 million
- Director: Ekachai Uekrongtham
- Producers: Mediacorp Raintree Pictures (Singapore); Double Vision(Malaysia); Speedy Productions (Malaysia); Scorpio East Pictures (Singapore)
- Writers: Dennis Chew, Desmond Sim, Ekachai Uekrongtham
- Distributed by: Golden Village Pictures
- Country of origin: Singapore and Malaysia
- Language: Mandarin
- Release Date: January 25, 2009
- Gmtn96’s blog rating: 4.5 stars out of 5
Jack Fang publicly proposes to Vikki Tse during the live telecast of a regional awards show. Surprised but happy, Vikki accepts. What the public doesn’t know is that the entire love affair of these two famous celebrities, Jack and Vikki, is an elaborate and meticulously planned ruse designed by their ambitious managers, May and Tom, to trick the public into believing that they are getting married. In reality, Jack has disliked Vikki from the first day they met and vice versa. Yet for fame and money from endorsements, these rival celebrities keep up with their “fake” marriage to increase their popularity. Just when everything starts going well, an incident rattles some of the fans and the media. There is now lingering doubt about the authenticity of this love match.
- Daniel Tan 陈家风
- Lai Ming 黎明
- Saiful Apek
- Chin Chi Kang 钱自刚
Special Appearance by Team Singapore
Besides having local rising talent Hagen Tan collaborating with veteran musician Dr Ng King Kang for the production, soundtrack producer and music arranger are filled in by local talent too.
- 1. 我们的爱 (Hagen Tan 陈孟奇 & Christy Yow 姚惠敏)
- 2. 双喜 (Hagen Tan 陈孟奇)
- 3. 习惯 (吴庆康 & 陈丽伊 Katherine Tan)
- 4. 爱反复 (Hagen Tan 陈孟奇)
- 5. 爱反复 (吉他伴奏版)
- 6. 我们的爱 (钢琴伴奏版)
- 7. 我舍不得 (Hagen Tan 陈孟奇 Demo 版).
- The film was written by Dennis Chew, Desmond Sim and Ekachai Uekrongtham, and directed by Ekachai Uekrongtham, and was shot in Singapore and Malaysia, Malacca. The working title for the film was originally The Wedding of the Year, but was officially changed to The Wedding Game.The Wedding Game marks Singapore Sports Council and production company Raintree Pictures’ first silver screen collaboration. As this is the first time Team Singapore athletes are featured in a movieFilming took less than a month and occurred in late 2008.
- Mediacorp Raintree Pictures held the Singapore premiere of The Wedding Game on January 23, 2009 at the Golden Village Cinemas in both Great World City and VivoCity at 7.30pm and 9.00pm respectively. Its Malaysia premiere was held on January 22, 2009 at The Pavilion.
Island-wide screening in Singapore will commence on January 25, 2009.
- The Wedding Game has raked in S$1.25 million at the Singapore box office since it opened in Singapore on January 25 despite strong competition from other titles. It has also done well in Malaysia collecting an impressive RM$2 million as of February 1.
- Rating of this movie was publicly discussed as The Wedding Game were argued to be too erotic or obscene and are unsuitable for the young were rated as PG (Parental-Guidance) while its main local competitor Love Matters were rated NC-16 by the censorship board.