- Title: 旋風管家 / Xuan Feng Guan Jia
- English title: Hayate the Combat Butler
- Japanese title: ハヤテのごとく!
- Romanji:Hayate no Gotoku!
- Genre: Romance, comedy
- Episodes: 13
- Broadcast network: FTV
- Broadcast period: 2011-Jun-19 to 2011-Sep-11
- Air time: Sunday 21:40
- Opening theme song: Bie Wen Wo (別問我) by William Wei (韋禮安)
- Ending theme song: Dan Bian Er Ji (單邊耳機) by George Hu and Aggie
George Hu plays a man who is buried by his parents’ gambling debts. With no way to pay back the money, he thought about going to the dark side by getting into the kidnap and ransom business. But instead of becoming a kidnapper, he ended up saving a girl from a real kidnapping. The girl turned out to be the sole heir of a conglomerate who faced these kinds of threats every day. In a case of kidnapping gone wrong vs. mistaken love confession, she hires him to be her butler and helps repay his parents’ debts. Grateful to have gangster collectors off his back, he vows to protect her from harms, which is no easy task.
- George Hu as Ling Qi Sa 凌奇颯 (Hayate)
- Park Shin Hye as Xiao Zhi 小芷
- Tia Li as Maria 瑪莉亞
- Li Yi Jin (李依瑾) as Gui Chu Ju 桂雛菊
- Lee Shiau Shiang as Ju Xuan 鞠宣
- Luo Hong Zheng as Duanmu Ze Yu 端木澤語
- Tang Guo Zhong (唐國忠) as Ji Shen 季神
- Ma Shi Li (馬世莉) as Sha Sha Yi 莎莎姨
- Tao Chuan Zheng as Di Lao Ye
- Zhu De Gang as Ke Lao Fu 柯老夫
- Yang Qi (楊淇) as Gui Xue Lu 桂雪鷺
- Jin Qin as Jin Zhi Jie 金之介
- Lin Bo Yan as Yuan Ye Feng 袁也楓
- Huang Deng Hui (黃鐙輝) as Kang Tai Lang 康太郎
- Ji Ya Wen (紀亞文) as Murong Bing Shi 慕容兵侍
- Zeng Zi Yu as He Da He 何大河
- Fang Zhi You (方志友) as Mei Xi 美希
- Chen Shi Ying (陳詩穎) as childhood Fiona 費歐娜
- Qin Yang (秦楊) as Debt collector boss
- Guo Yan Jun as Xioa Ji 小吉
- Guo Yan Fu as Xiao Wa 小娃
- He Du Lin (何篤霖) as Ling’s father
- Guo Ching Chun as Ling’s mother
- Ma Guo Bi (馬國畢) as Kidnapper A
- Gao Shan Feng (高山峰) as Kidnapper B
- Huang Zi Jiao (黃子佼) as Magazine editing director
- Bu Xue Liang as Magazine supervisor
- Jia Xiao Guo (賈孝國) as Bar owner
- Zhang Hao Ming as Kidnapper A
- Huang Tai An as Kidapper B
- Wang De Sheng (王德生) as Kidnapper mastermind
- Akio Chen as Gangster A
- Shan Cheng Ju (單承矩) as Gangster B
- Gao Hao Yuan (高浩原) as Chu Ju’s father
- Ying Cai Ning (應采靈) as Chu Ju’s mother
- Xiu Qin (琇琴) as Korean hotel staff
- Lin Zhi Xian as Store owner
- Ma Li Ou (馬利歐) as Robber
- This is drama is based on the Shōnen Japanese manga series Hayate no Gotoku! (ハヤテのごとく! ), written and illustrated by Kenjiro Hata. It is published by Viz Media on North America, and on Japan by Shogakukan.
- It was also made into a 52-episode anime aired on TV Tokyo in Japan between April 1, 2007 and March 30, 2008, produced by animation studio SynergySP and with music by Kōtarō Nakagawa.
Hayate Ayasaki is an unlucky teenager who has worked since childhood to make ends meet due to his parents’ irresponsible behavior. One day on Christmas Eve, he finds out that his parents were planning to sell his organs to the Yakuza to make money, leaving behind a massive gambling debt on his shoulders of ¥156,804,000. While running away from the debt collectors he ends up meeting Nagi Sanzenin, a young girl who is the sole heir of the wealthy Sanzenin estate, and due to a misunderstanding, Nagi ends up falling in love with Hayate. After he rescues Nagi from some kidnappers, she hires Hayate as her new butler.
Aside from performing his ordinary duties as a butler, Hayate must fight to protect Nagi from harm, a difficult task since her life is always in danger because she is the target of other individuals coveting her family’s fortune, and sometimes deal with some extravagant requests from her, oblivious to Nagi’s true feelings for him. In the later story, Hayate has to deal with the feelings of several other girls, Ayumu Nishizawa, his former classmate who harbors a crush on him, and Hinagiku Katsura, the student council president of Hakuō Academy who ends up growing attached to him. Hayate had a romantic relationship with a childhood friend, Athena Tennousu, who is chairwoman of the board of Hakuō Academy.
Due to a series of events involving Hayate, Nagi and Athena during Golden Week, Nagi ends up forfeiting her inheritance. With the last of her savings, Nagi moves with Hayate and her maid Maria to an old apartment building called “The Violet Mansion” owned by her late mother, Yukariko, and rents its extra rooms for income; having Chiharu Harukaze, the secretary of Hakuō Academy, Hinagiku, Athena (in child-form), Kayura Tsurugino, a manga author, Ruka Suirenji, an idol, and Ayumu, as its tenants.